Best places to eat in Reykjavik – Lonely Planet 2020
By Cuisine: Icelandic
By Cuisine: Seafood
- Messinn Piping hot skillets of fresh fish served with aplomb.
- Fiskfélagið Some of Reykjavík’s best seafood, prepared in seemingly endless ways.
- Fiskmarkaðurinn High-concept seafood with international touches.
- Icelandic Fish & Chips Relaxed spot to indulge your fish-fry fantasy with delicious dip accompaniment.
- Ostabúðin Easygoing place specialising in seafood and with a delicious deli too.
- Sægreifinn Pick your seafood skewers and they’ll grill them on the spot.
By Cuisine: Baked Treats
- Bakarí Sandholt Choose between fresh-baked breads and sandwiches, soups and pastries.
- Brauð & Co Excellent handmade breads and pastries, plus organic supplies.
- 17 Sortir Memorable cupcakes and an epic, four-layer chocolate cake.