Private day tour Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
The Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon is a unique place in Iceland that attract visitors from all over the world. On this private tour you will see the highlights of the south coast of Iceland, plus the amazing Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon and the National park Vatnajokull.
But please note: We always recommend this tour as a 2 days tour if you have time.
We will see the volcano Eyjafjallajokull (Last eruption: April 2010), visit the astonishing waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, the black sand beach around the town of Vik and the basalt rock formations at Reynisfjara.
We will start from Reykjavik area and drive over the mountain pass Hellisheidi. One of the largest geothermal power plants in Iceland is located at Volcano Hengill. Driving along the coast head further south and visit all the highlights throughout the day. For lunch stop by for a picnic or ask just ask us a recommendation of a local restaurant.
This daytour is our longest daytour but has been one of the most popular tour during the summer months due to 24 hours of daylight in June. We operate this tour the whole year around. In the wintertime is the highlight the crystal ice caves.
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon day tour highlights:
- Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon
- Vatnajokull National park
- Vatnajokull – Largest Glacier in Europe
- Black sand beach
- Glacial rivers
- Largest lava field from historical time – See and feel the volcanic rocks and moos
- Small villages
- Comfortable way to travel
- Ice Cave Tours. More information here: https://www.icecaveiniceland.is/
- Zodiac boat tour needs to be booked in advance. More information here: http://icelagoon.com/ and here http://icelagoon.is/zodiac-tours/
- Glacier kayak tours are available in the summer time. More information here: http://www.iceguide.is/tours/glacier-kayak-adventure/
Dress code all year round:
- Good hiking shoes
- Gore Tex rain jacket for the spray from the Waterfalls and unpredictable Icelandic weather
- Warm hat and gloves
- Warm clothes to be able to enjoy all variation of our weather
- Sunglasses 😉
How to book ?
- Please send us a short e-mail with number of persons and your day of travelling. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send message on WhatsApp +3546988000
Good to know:
- This is very long day, so we strongly recommend to expand this tour into 2 days tour and spend one night on the countryside in any of the following areas:
- Vik Village
- Hotels around the Glacier Lagoon. The Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon is the best.