Private day tour Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon. The Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon is a unique place in Iceland that attract visitors from all over the world. On this private tour you will see the highlights of the south coast of Iceland, plus the amazing Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon and the National park Skaftafell.
We will see the volcano Eyjafjallajokull (Last eruption: April 2010), visit the astonishing waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, the black sand beach around the town of Vik and the basalt rock formations at Reynisfjara.
We will start from Reykjavik area and drive over the mountain pass Hellisheidi. One of the largest geothermal power plants in Iceland is located at Volcano Hengill. Driving along the coast head further south and visit all the highlights throughout the day. For lunch stop by for a picnic or ask just ask us a recommendation of a local restaurant.
This daytour is our longest daytour but has been the most popular tour during the summer months due to 24 hours of daylight in June. We operate this tour the whole year around. In the wintertime is the highlight the crystal ice caves.
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon day tour highlights:
- Glacier Lagoon Jokulsarlon
- Skaftafell National park
- Vatnajokull – Largest Glacier in Europe
- Black sand beach
- Glacial rivers
- Largest lava field from historical time – See and feel the volcanic rocks and moos
- Small villages
- Comfortable way to travel
- Boat ride on the lagoon is optional for additional price
- Zodiac boat tour needs to be booked in advance. More information here: http://icelagoon.is/zodiac-tours/
- New glacier kayak tours are availble from 2016. More information here: http://www.iceguide.is/tours/glacier-kayak-adventure/
Dress code all year round:
- Good hiking shoes
- Gore Tex rain jacket for the spray from the Waterfalls and unpredictable icelandic weather
- Warm hat and gloves
- Warm clothes to be able to enjoy all variation of our weather
- Sunglasses 😉