There are many musems and galleries in Iceland, the main categories as follows:
- Folk- and National Museums
- Art museums, modern and classical (paintings, sculpture, pottery etc etc)
- Technical museums
- Natural Science museums
- Religeous musems and collections
- Special Interest museums (literature, history etc)
Most churches are open to the public, even if there are no services. Often churches are venues for concerts and during the summer there are frequent organ concerts in the Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik.
To name a few, the following musems and exhibitions can be recommended:
– The 871 +/-2 Settlement Exhibition, Reykjavík
– The National Museum in Reykjavik
– The Saga Museum, the Pearl, Reykjavik
– The Skogar Folk Museum
– The Settlement Centre, Borgarnes
Please let us know what could be of interest and we will fit it into your schedule.